Fecon is proud to announce a new line of heavy duty deck mulcher attachments that are wider than conventional deck mulchers, providing more productivity per pass, even in the most demanding environments.
These rugged and dependable deck mulcher attachments are designed to enhance performance, service life, and safety. The robust design features a heavy-duty bearing with an oversized shaft, which is housed in a durable bearing carrier house. Our unique two-sided blade design virtually doubles service life without having to flip the blade.
Fecon deck mulchers are available in three sizes with cutting widths of 62-, 74- and 86-inches. Weights range from 1950 to 2450 pounds, and hydraulic flow requirements from 17 to 41 gpm. They are well suited for carriers that can handle these lift capacities and hydraulic flows.
Enhanced deck mulcher attachment features include:
- Stump-Jumper – enables the deck mulcher to ride over stumps without risking bolt shearing
- Extra Blade Mass – increases cutting inertia and enhances performance in thicker materials
- Forged Blade Bolts – 11% larger and feature larger hex interface and blade rotating surface for stronger mating with components and longer service life
- Armor Coated Rear Deck Area – designed to withstand any potential impact
- Integrated Tie Downs and Lift Points – simplifies transportation and maintenance
- Brush Grabber Inlets – pulls debris from fence rows or piles
- Open-Front – designed for the directional discharge of the unit
Since they can mulch smaller materials faster than traditional drum mulchers, new Fecon deck mulcher attachments are ideal for:
- Right-of-Way Clearing and Maintenance
- Forestry Clearing
- Site Preparation
- Land Improvement
- Highway Mulching and Maintenance
- Urban Interface
- And More
To enhance safety, when the deck mulcher blades are spinning clockwise, discharge is to the right front; side skirts close to the ground eliminate rear or side discharge when ground engaged.
In performing mulching along long rows, such as highways and utility R.O.W projects, Fecon’s new deck mulcher attachments allow operators to complete a row, allow a few minutes for hydraulic fittings to cool, then change the blade direction by reversing the fittings.This bidirectional feature will allow for the directional discharge away from traffic, and also even out the blade wear, without having to flip blades.
A video demonstration of the Fecon Deck Mulcher family is available below.
Contact Fecon today to learn more.